President of the Atlanta City Council
Hillside International Truth Center, NAACP, Atlanta Regional Commission, Georgia Municipal Association, National League of Cities
Mayor of the City of Atlanta
For more than two decades I’ve served Atlanta on the legislative side, setting good policy and crafting anti-corruption laws, but implementation rests with the Mayor’s office. Our beloved city has fallen into multiple crises. I feel I need to step up and take the wheel to right what’s wrong at City Hall for a brighter future for all Atlantans.
Unlike any other candidate running, I have relationships with and speak daily to the city employees who do the work for our citizens; the people going down the manholes, the 9-1-1 operators, the front line police and fire officers. Every City Hall department is broken, understaffed, and under-equipped. I know what’s broken and how to fix it.
I have the trust of the people and the police to increase public safety. I know what’s broken in each City department and how to fix them. My long record proves I will be able to restore public trust.
1. Make every neighborhood safer, no matter what income bracket or zip code
2. Establish integrity and professionalism to city service delivery
3. Restore the public trust.
As our next Mayor, I will ensure community stakeholders at every level have more input on issues, development, and policies so that no one is surprised or left behind on the matters that impact their daily lives and business operations.
1. Reform the culture of policing
2. Expand fiscal and ethical guardrails on city government
3. Re-examine the budget to match the service outcomes citizens expect.
1. Hire a new police chief who shares my vision for reformed policing;
2. Institute an unarmed behavioral crisis first responder unit;
3. Get the AHA back on track to provide immediate housing for those living below the 50% median income, plus rapid-rehousing for the recently evicted;
4. Advocate against Buckhead deannexation and prove that city services and public trust can be relied upon.