This live panel presented by PEN America and the Racial Equity in Journalism Fund at Borealis Philanthropy originally aired on Oct. 14, with reliable sources from Georgia and the South in which we will explore the role of trusted voices this election season.
We were honored to feature a panel committed to broad civic engagement across communities in the South, leaders ready to discuss strategies for navigating heightened emotions around the election, and how to engage with Black and Latino voters in the lead-up to an unprecedented election season. It was co-sponsored by the Atlanta Voice and the Georgia NAACP.
- Moderated by Sharon Reed, the Atlanta Voice
- The Rev. Jamal H. Bryant, senior pastor at New Birth Missionary Baptist Church
- Rashad Richey, radio show host of the Rashad Richey Morning Show
- Mariela Romero, Univision Communications Regional Community Empowerment Director
- James Woodall, State President of Georgia NAACP