EAST POINT, GA.- East Point’s hottest summer concert series, “Wednesday Wind Down In The Point,” is back with some of Atlanta’s most renowned hip-hop artists. East Point’s very own iconic hip-hop group, Goodie Mob, returns to grace the stage with their classic hits. Also performing is Kilo Ali, Pastor Troy, YoungBloodZ and local East Point band Coast Guard The Band. V-103’s Greg Street and Q. Parker of 112 will serve as hosts for the evening. Presented by the Black Leadership AIDS Crisis Coalition powered by AIDS Healthcare Foundation, “Wednesday Wind Down In The Point” will be held on Wednesday, July 28, 2021, from 5:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. in the Downtown Commons, located at 2714 East Point Street. Admission is Free. There will be a variety of food trucks, merchandise vendors along with the East Point Farmers Market onsite. Masks are required, and social distancing is encouraged. Concertgoers are encouraged to bring their blankets and chairs. No smoking, tents, outside food/beverage or pets allowed.
The City of East Point is partnering with CORE who will be offering all three vaccines and the AIDS Healthcare Foundation to provide Free confidential HIV testing at East Point City Hall. Both the COVID-19 vaccines and HIV Testing will occur during Wednesday Wind Down from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. conveniently across the street from the venue. Walk-ups are welcome for the vaccines, but appointments are recommended for faster service by visiting http://fultonvax.coreresponse.org/ No appointment is required for the HIV testing.
The City is encouraging concertgoers to use MARTA to get to the event across from the East Point MARTA Train Station (2848 East Main St). A designated Uber and Lyft Drop-off area will be located at the intersection of Ware Avenue and Main Street. Parking will be available at the following locations for concertgoers:
- East Point Historical Society: 1685 Norman Berry Drive, East Point, Ga 30344
- BuggyWorks & Wagon Works Office: 1513 Cleveland Avenue, East Point, Ga 30344 (Walk across the Pedestrian Bridge to get to concert venue)
- H.J.C. Bowden Senior Multipurpose Facility: 2885 Church Street, East Point, Ga 30344 (Parking available after 6:00 p.m.)
- Grady East Point Health Center: 1595 W Cleveland Avenue, East Point, Ga 30344 (Parking available after 6:00 p.m.)
- Davita Dialysis East Point Center: 2669 Church Street, East Point, Ga 30344 (Parking available after 6:00 p.m.)
A parking map can be viewed on the City’s website at www.eastpointcity.org.
The City of East Point appreciates its partnerships with sponsors DoubleTree by Hilton, Men of Intelligence Association, Taylor Luxury Transportation, Black Leadership Aids Crisis Coalition powered by AIDS Healthcare Foundation.