In less than a week, the Atlanta Greek Picnic (AGP) is set to return.
It has been over two years since AGP was last held, but after a year of the COVID-19 pandemic, the weeklong event will kick off on July 12th with “Bites, Drinks and Conversations” at Hole in the Wall on Peachtree Road.
The festivities begin Monday and will continue until the following Sunday when it ends July 18th. Various events include tacos and a screening of “School Daze” Tuesday night, a block party on Thursday, and a brunch and afterparty to close out the week on Sunday.
The main event of AGP, the picnic, will take place Saturday, July 17 from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. on the campus of Morris Brown College.
Since this is the first AGP since the summer of 2019, a lot of members of the Divine Nine will be attending for the first time. Terrence Clark, a senior at Alabama State and a member of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc., is looking forward to attending.
“It is my first time going,” Clark, a Spring 2020 initiate said. “I look forward to bonding with other Greeks.”
Clark also said that he, like most attendees, is fully vaccinated. AGP is one of the biggest Greek picnics in the United States, and though the Delta variant of the coronavirus is posing a new threat, the turnout is expected to be large.
Other attendees have shared their thoughts as AGP inches closer. Sheridan Maximo-Priest, a Spring 2021 initiate of Phi Beta Sigma at West Alabama, is looking forward to “seeing if it’ll live up to the hype folks are giving it.”
BriAnna Taylor, a graduate of East Tennessee State University and a member of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., said she also looks forward to “fellowship with fellow Greeks.”
The full list of official events are as follows:
- Monday, July 12th
- “Bites, Drinks and Conversations” 7 p.m.-10 p.m. 3177 Peachtree Rd, Atlanta, GA, 30305
- Tuesday, July 13th
- “Taco Tuesday: Tin Linzy Americana” 6 p.m. 77 12th St., Atlanta, GA, 30309
- “90’s Old School Movie Screening” 7 pm.m-11 p.m. Plaza Theatre. 1049 Ponce De Leon Ave, Atlanta, GA, 30306
- Wednesday, July 14th
- “Wine Down Wednesday” 6 p.m.-11 p.m. Tribeca Restaurant. 1782 Cheshire Bridge Rd, Atlanta, GA, 30324
- Thursday, July 15th
- “Happy Hour” 4 p.m.-7 p.m. Trap Music Museum. 630 Travis St, Atlanta, GA, 30318
- AGP Block Party 10 p.m.-3 a.m. Domaine Atlanta. 1150 Crescent Avenue NE, Atlanta, GA, 30309
- Friday, July 16th,
- “Social Media Hangout” 12 p.m.-7 p.m. Suite Food Lounge. 375 Luckie St NW, Atlanta, GA, 30313
- “Opulence: The Official Welcome to Atlanta Kickoff Party” 10 p.m.-3 a.m.The Dome Atlanta. 174 Northside Dr, Atlanta, GA, 30314
- Saturday, July 17th
- Atlanta Greek Picnic. 12 p.m.-7 p.m. Morris Brown Campus. 643 Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Atlanta, GA, 30314
- Official After Party. 10 p.m.-3 a.m. The Wxllxm. 874 Joseph E. Lowery Blvd NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
- Sunday, July 18th
- AGP Brunch. 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Tribeca Restaurant. 1782 Cheshire Bridge Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30324
- Brunch and Day Party. 12 p.m.-7 p.m. Buckhead Saloon. 3227 Roswell Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30305