Winter Weather Update: MARTA to Provide Modified Service
1/30/2014, 9:10 a.m.
MARTA is planning a modified rail and bus schedule today that will maximize its weather-strained resources while offering customers safe transit access to popular commercial corridors, high ridership areas and major medical facilities. Given the lingering ice and snow, all MARTA services are subject to change based on operational conditions.
Rail service started at approximately 6 a.m. on all lines and will run until 1:30 a.m. We are asking customers to be patient and urge them to allow extra time to complete their trips; rail wait times are about 15 to 30 minutes. As conditions improve, MARTA is planning to increase rail service as the day progresses. The traffic ramp at the North Springs rail station remains closed because of icy conditions.
MARTA is resuming its bus service at 8 a.m. on 27 selected routes that will provide optimal transit coverage while minimizing the impact on customers. Traffic and road conditions, however, may alter bus route start times. MARTA anticipates bus service will end at 11:30 p.m.
The bus routes planned for operation today are:
• 4-Thomasville/Moreland Ave
• 5-Piedmont Road/Sandy Springs
• 15-South DeKalb/Candler Road
• 19-Clairmont Road
• 21-Memorial Drive
• 37-DeFoors Ferry Road/Atlantic Station
• 39-Buford Highway
• 51-Joseph E. Boone Blvd.
• 71-Cascade Road
• 73-Fulton Industrial
• 78-Cleveland Avenue
• 83-Cambpellton Road/Greenbriar
• 87-Roswell Road/Morgan Falls
• 95-Metropolitan Pkwy./Hapeville
• 99-Boulevard/Monroe Drive
• 107-Glenwood Rd.
• 110-Peachtree St. “The Peach”
• 111-Snapfinger Woods Drive/Stonecrest
• 120-E. Ponce de Leon Ave./Tucker
• 121-Stone Mountain/Memorial Drive
• 123-North DeKalb Mall/Belvedere
• 155-Windsor St/Lakewood Ave
• 185-Alpharetta/Holcomb Bridge Rd.
• 189-Old National Hwy./Union Station
MARTA Mobility (paratransit) will operate services for customers who have urgent medical transportation needs, such as dialysis appointments and travel to medical facilities.
MARTA will continue to provide service updates as the situation changes. For the latest updates, customers should check www.itsmarta.com. Customers can also follow @MARTASERVICE on Twitter for further information.